Computer Science programme provides the education and variety of expertise necessary to succeed with high technology environments in industry, society and the academia, and for software and hardware design, manufacture and maintenance. This exposure will prepare Computer Science graduates for the selection, creation, application, integration administration and maintenance of computing technologies in organizations and societies.
The philosophy of the programme is to utilize and take advantage of the technological advancement for the development of a nation which depends to a great extent on the size, quality, motivation and orientation of its science and engineering personnel. It is clear that computer is playing a major role in the technological advancement of most nations especially in this present age and thus, the quality and quantity of electronic and computer science are of significant importance to the society.
2.3 Aim and Objectives
Computer Science aims at producing graduates with the skills and knowledge to take on appropriate professional positions relating to the Computer Science field and grow into a leadership position or pursue research or graduate studies in the field. The objectives of the degree programme in Computer Science should include:
- Creating in students the awareness of and enthusiasm for computer science and its capability
- Involving the students in the intellectually stimulating and satisfying experience of learning and studying
- Providing a broad and balanced foundation in computer science knowledge and practical skill
- Developing in students a range of transferable applicable skills of information technology to all aspects of human endeavor
- Generating in students an appreciation of the importance of computer in an industrial, economic, technological and social context
- Providing students with knowledge and skills base for further studies in computer science or multi-disciplinary studies involving computer science.