INTRODUCTION TO THE DEPARTMENT OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
The Department of Management Sciences is in the Faculty of Arts, Social and Management Sciences and offers three (3) B.Sc degree programme. The programmes in the department are the following:
- B.Sc. Actuarial Science
- B.Sc. Business Administration
- B.Sc. Industrial Relations and Personnel Management
The philosophy of this degree programme is to provide a specialized, distinctive and qualitative education to students, so as to enable them utilize the knowledge acquired to solve corporate, national and international problems. It is also aimed at making students cope with the demands of modern day Management as a profession.
- To prepare the students to perform the management function in the globalized business world.
- To perform the orientation and thinking of the student in line with modern management conception.
- To provide the student the conceptual and analytical tools needed for the management work.
- To arouse the curiosity for innovative or creative management.
STRUCTURE OF THE B.Sc. PROGRAMMES IN THE DEPARTMENT OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
The B.Sc. programme draws from the Benchmark Minimum Academic Standards (BMAS) requirements of the National Universities Commission (NUC). The B.Sc. Degree programme is designed for four years full-time study. Furthermore the B.Sc. Degree programme is designed to meet and exceed the minimum academic standards set by the National Universities Commission (NUC), Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM) and other professional bodies.